This section will dig more into current program implemenatations across the organization, starting with a high level look at each of the program's structures. The individual program subsections will explore this in more detail.
News, Science, Advocacy share the following model:
- Duration: 10 months, full time (note: for Science, fellows may maintain 20% of their research)
- Stipend: $60K stipend + benefits
- Additional Support: Supplements for health, childcare allotment, professional development, technology and Fellowship-related travel.
** Note: News and Advocacy provide additional benefits such as visa support, relocation, housing stipend.
- Onboarding event; fellows engagement at the Mozilla Festival
- Mix of workweeks, hackathons and community events (including the Mozilla Festival) and trainings.
- Fellows work within non-Mozilla organizations (e.g., newsrooms, research institutions, civic organizations)
- Deliverables: curricula, code, learning resources, community engagement / event participation.
MDN is employing a different approach, consisting of:
- 5-7 week training program
- Part-time (~5-10 hours per week)
- Onboarding event
- Fellows work with Mozilla in the offices over the course of their Fellowship
- Focus on training, mentoring and coaching around web and mobile development.
- Project focus set by Mozilla: TestTheWebForward, Service Workers, WebGL, Web App Performance, Curriculum Development
- Deliverables: curricula, code, learning resources